Video Playlist (with songs)
Video (Sermon only)
*Sermons can be downloaded by clicking on the three dots at top right.
The work lives and study lives of most of us look very different to what they did a 4 to 6 weeks ago. You might be working or studying from home. Or you work might be suspended or over completely.
But whatever work situation we’re in, there are basic questions we all have. How should I live as a Christian at work? Do I have to tell people at work or school that I’m a Christian? Should being a Christian change how I work?
(And if you’re not working now, this still applies to you, because you still do business with people: retailers and tradesmen, etc).
We’ve been seeing here in 1 Peter that Christians are citizens of God’s worldwide, eternal kingdom (v9-10). But that around us, people are ignorant about God and foolish in the way they live (v15). So, how should we live as Christians at work?
We saw last time that we’re to live as free people (v16). But our freedom is freedom from sin, not freedom from responsibility (v11-14). So, we should live Godly lives and do good (v12). And what that looks like is submission: putting ourselves under the authority of those God has appointed over us (v13-14).
So, what does that look like at work? Peter gives us three keys:
- Live Before God (v17-20)
- Live Like Jesus (v21-24)
- Live In Jesus (v24-25)
That’s how we can live as free citizens of God’s kingdom while we work, study, and do business with others.
Download the Kids’ Sheet
Click to access Kids__Talks_with_Colin_Ep6_The_Old_Black_Crow_Colouring_Sheet.pdf
Other Kids Resources (from The Village Church)
Enjoy New Songs We’ve Sung Recently
Enjoy Some Old Favourites
Other helpful resources
- Enjoy more of Colin Buchanan at his YouTube channel
- Spend a day in prayer and fasting with this guide from the Gospel Coalition
- Explore Christian theology in clear, concise language with Simply Put
- Memorise Heidelberg Catechism Q&A 1 “What is your only comfort in life and in death?” with this handwashing routine
- Hear Jesus’ counsel for the anxious with David Murray
- Plan Family Worship in your home
- Study the Bible using the COMA method or the Swedish method
- Delve into all sorts of Bible teaching for free from Ligonier
- Explore the big story of the Bible with God’s Big Picture or the Ridley College Bible Overview
- Travel the world to trace the story of Christianity in EPIC with Tim Challies
- Investigate the causes and effects of the Protestant Revolt with Westminster Theological Seminary
- Read the March edition of Australian Presbyterian magazine
- Buy a good Christian book from The Wandering Bookseller or Reformers Bookshop
You must be logged in to post a comment.