The whole of Christianity depends on this one historical fact: Jesus of Nazareth rose from the dead.
Only this fact can explain the boldness of the disciples, the existence and growth of the Church, and the new life and eternal hope believers demonstrate.
The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is at the heart of what it means to be Christian. Christians may disagree about baptism or church government, but if we do not believe that Jesus rose physically from the dead, we are not Christians. It is not enough to have faith like Jesus had, we must have faith in Jesus and what He did.
What does that faith believe? We are told in Acts 2:22-28:
- Jesus is a Man (& God) (v22a)
- Confirmed By God (v22b)
- Who Could Not Stay Dead (v23-28)
Sunday 3rd June 2018
- What historical fact does Christianity depend on?
- Did Jesus die? Spiritually/Physically.
- Did Jesus rise? Spiritually/Physically.
- How will I rise? Spiritually/Physically.
- What proves Jesus is God (Lk 24:52)?
- What didn’t Jesus do (Heb 4:15)?
- ‘Attested’ (v22) means _______________
- Jesus’ miracles were great in n_____________, n___________, & n____________.
- Who was responsible for Jesus’ death (v23)?
- Who planned Jesus’ death (v23)?
- Who is responsible for my sin?
- Why didn’t Jesus stay dead (v24, 27, Rom 6:23)?
- How can I belong to Jesus (Mk 10:17, Rom 10:9, Gal 2:20)?
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- How I should live: