We read in 1 Corinthians 15:17-19,
“And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.“
Sure, Jesus taught many great things which you listen to. Yes, Jesus did many good things which you try to follow. But if we asked your friends, what difference would they say the resurrection of Jesus makes to your life?
Does Jesus’ resurrection make a difference to how you live?
In John 20, we meet 3 people for whom the resurrection makes all the difference in the world: Mary Magdalene, Peter, and John.
- Fearing the Open Tomb (v1-2)
- Believing the Empty Tomb (v3-10)
- Declaring the Risen Son (v11-18)
Sunday 1st April 2018
- When did Mary go to the tomb? Why?
- Why would we serve Jesus?
- What did Mary fear?
- What did Peter & John see?
- Why did John believe?
- Why should have Mary expected a miracle?
- Who did Mary expect?
- Why shouldn’t Mary cling to Jesus
- What is my Easter message about Jesus?
- A question I have: