‘Are you the King of the Jews?’ That is the main question which Pilate asked Jesus. And it is the main question we must answer too. Pilate knew that Jesus was innocent of any crime, but he was afraid of the crowd. He more interested in preserving his position of power than acting on the truth. And we face that challenge too.
What would you do? Would you do what’s right, stand with Jesus, and lose everything? Even your job? Your life?
If we see who Jesus is, not just as something we know, but something which changes how we think and what we love, then we will find ourselves able to live the truth and to resist the pressure to abandon Jesus.
- See the Perfect Man (v1-7)
- Fear the Son of God (v8-11)
- Honour the True King (v12-16)
Sunday 25th March 2018
- What does Pilate know about Jesus?
- Who is Jesus the king of?
- What should we ‘see’ when we look at Jesus?
- Why was Pilate afraid?
- Why didn’t Jesus answer Pilate?
- Are bad things God’s plan?
- What makes one sin worse than another?
- Who was the Jew’s king?
- Who would my friends say is my king?
- A question I have:
- A truth to share: