We ask “Why? Why do we have accidents? Why do we have time off work? Why do we get cancer? Why do relationships break down? Why do children die before their parents?”
And we ask “When? When will things be how they should be?”
Acts 27 is a situation that should not have been. But it was. And it helps us to know why God allows Christians to suffer.
It teaches us that:
- We Face Big Problems (v1-20)
- God Always Keeps His Promises (v21-44)
- God Gives Better Promises Than a Trial and a Shipwreck (v23)
- God doesn’t always take away trouble but He uses it to give ________ (Romans 5:1-5)
- We can stand alone if we ____________ to God and are His ____________ (v23, Galatians 1:10)
- I can find ______________ in God doing what He plans (v20, James 4:13-15)
- Paul encouraged the crew by telling them about God’s ____________________ (v21-26)
- God’s Word never lacks ________________________________ or ___________________ (v25)
- Is it godly to ‘Let go and let God’ (v34)? Yes/No. Why?
- How can I show my faith (v35)?
- All of the prisoners were saved because ______________________ was on the ship (v43)
- God kept all His promises by Jesus suffering the _______________ (2 Corinthians 1:20)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I will change: