What do you think when you see a new baby?
I usually notice whether they have much hair or not. Maybe you’re trying to see whether they look more like their Mum or their Dad.
How do you react to a baby?
Do you wonder what they’ll grow up to be?
We’ve just read what people thought of Jesus when he was born. Mary and Joseph took Him to the Temple to dedicate Him to the Lord. And they met Simeon, a man who was waiting for God to save His people.
The Holy Spirit made sure he went to the Temple that day. There was so much going on: people praying, others talking, priests making sacrifices. And there among them were Mary & Joseph. And there was Jesus, the most important person of all. What do you think about Him?
What did Simeon think about Him? Simeon looked at this 8-day-old child and praised God, “My eyes have seen your salvation!” (v30).
So, what do you see when you look at Jesus? Do you see a good man? A wise teacher? A myth? What do you think of Jesus?
The message today has only one point: Seeing Jesus is seeing salvation! That’s what Simeon was looking for. And that’s what we all need.
Sunday 22nd December 2019
- Simeon was waiting for God to _________________________________ (v25, 30)
- I think Jesus is Jesus always ___________ (John 5:19)
- What did God promise (v29, Genesis 3:15)?
- I find peace in ______________________
- Jesus never _______________________ His peace (John 14:27)
- Simeon could die in peace because God’s _______________ is secure (v29)
- Jesus reveals my _____________ (v35)
- We need a __________________________ to take away our sin (Hebrews 9:22)
- Sin earns ____________ (Romans 6:23)
- Because Jesus died, I can ___________ to God (Luke 23:45, Hebrews 10:20)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I will change: