Imagine that coming to church this morning, it was the first Sunday of the Christian Church in Benalla. We know that it’s not, and we’re very thankful for those who have come before us. But imagine that there was no history of Christianity here. Imagine that there were no forebears, there was no provision made for us of buildings and other resources. What would we do? And what would we aim to do in the weeks and months that followed?
What would set our direction if you can’t just look at the good things that have been done in the past? What would we look to to see what a biblical ministry should be? “What should we do as God’s people?” is the big question for us every week, every Sunday, every time the elders meet, every time we meet at a congregation or as a board? What should we do?
- Embrace Biblical Ministry (v8)
- Expect Unbelieving Opposition (v9)
- Develop Deep Ministry (v1-7, 9-10)
Sunday 28th July 2019
- Ephesus is in modern ___________ (v1)
- Biblical ministry goes where there is an ___________ door and speaks of the _________________________ of God (v8).
- Faithful evangelism is ______________, _______________ & _______________ (v8)
- Why is the Gospel opposed (v9, 2 Corinthians 2:16)?
- Beware a _________ heart (Hebrews 3:6-7)
- Faithful, Biblical ministry focuses on _______________ not ____________ (v10)
- Did the disciples trust in Jesus before hearing Paul (v1-4)? Yes/No
- Do all believers have the Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:2, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19, 12:7): Yes/No
- Disciples need to be taught to _______ everything _______ taught (Matthew 28:20) & to _____________ like Jesus (Colossians 2:6)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: