What is God’s will? Is that something you wonder about?
Some things God reveals, like His promises to Paul in Corinth: “Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, for I am with you, and no one will attack you to harm you, for I have many in this city who are my people.” (v9-10).
Other things, we don’t know. ‘Should I do this good thing, or that good thing?’ ‘Will God save that person?’
Deuteronomy 29:29 says, “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
We must not pry into the things that God hasn’t revealed. We should get on with doing what God has told us to do.
So, as we wait to see what God’s will is, there are three truths we need to remember:
- God Keeps His Promises (v12-17)
- God Receives Our Vows (v18-23)
- God Teaches A Teacher (v14-28)
If we remember that, we’ll be able to do our part in God’s will, because He is faithful, He expects us to be faithful, and He calls us to teach each other and to be humble enough to be taught.
Sunday 21st July 2019
- “The __________________ things belong to the LORD our God” (Deut 29:29).
- Jesus promised that no one would _____________ Paul (v10).
- Paul was accused of promoting ______________________ worship (v13).
- Gallio: Christianity is/not legal (v15).
- A vow is a _________________ to God to deny ourselves something __________ to be _____________ to God for a time.
- What vows does Jesus forbid (Matt 5:33-37)?
- Why could Paul leave Ephesus (v21)?
- What didn’t Apollos know (v25)?
- False teaching should be ____________
- Incomplete teaching should be _______________________________ (v26)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: