What’s the difference between Christmas and Easter?
Christmas is the start of the story, where God comes to mankind. Easter is the culmination of the story, where it is made possible for mankind to come to God.
The early church didn’t mark Christmas, but from the earliest days, the death of Jesus has been noted every week as Christians meet to worship on the Lord’s Day.
So, why is Easter so important? And what does it mean for us?
- Know and Receive This Good News (v1-9)
- Stand On It, Or You Have Believed In Vain (v1, 9-11)
- You Will Be Saved By It (v2)
Easter Sunday 21st April 2019
- _____________ & ___________ predicted Jesus’ death (Ps 16, Isa 52-53).
- Without ___________________ there can be no forgiveness of sin (Heb 9:22)
- Abraham said, “God will provide the _______ for the __________” (Gen 22:8)
- What does Jesus’ burial prove (Mk 15:42-45)?
- Because Jesus is the “firstfruits”, our resurrection will be ___________ (v49)
- Where is the resurrection predicted in the OT?
- Did Jesus expect to rise from the dead (Mtt 16:21, Mk 8:31)? Yes/No
- To stand means ___________________ (v1)
- If we don’t stand, we are in danger of ___________________________ (Heb 2:1)
- The difference between knowing and believing is _____________________(v2)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: