In the middle of the Albury CBD is Volt Lane. It runs along the back of Dean Street, giving access to many shops and arcades along the main street.
Volt Lane gets its name from the electricity substation at its eastern end. In 2010, a 21-year-old man was seriously burned after falling into the substation from the high brick wall around it, despite the signs warning of the high voltages inside. The area has since been redeveloped, and the substation incorporated into a parking building, but the danger remains. Electricity in the right place is a good thing, but out of place it is dangerous.
In Acts 12, we find the same thing about glory: When glory is in the right place, when it is given to God, it is good; but when glory is given to us, it is dangerous. So, we must ask:
- How Do You Respond to Praise that Belongs to God? (v20-23)
- Which God-Man Do You Imitate? (v20-23)
- Be Sure, God Will Have His Glory (v24-25)
Sunday 17th February 2019
- Where does glory belong?
- Satan’s temptation to Eve was “You will be _________________” (Gen 3:4-5)
- What was Herod like (v1-3, 19-22)?
- God doesn’t strike us down as soon as we sin, so we can ___________ (Rom 2:4).
- How did Jesus treat glory (Philippians 2:5-11)?
- What did Jesus do for His enemies (1 Peter 3:18, Romans 5:10)?
- Was Jesus rich (Luke 9:58)?
- How was Jesus’ end different to Herod’s (v23, Hebrews 10:13)?
- How can I become like Jesus (Ezekiel 36:26, John 3:3)?
- How can I glorify Jesus (v24-25, Philippians 3:8)?
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: