Sunday 7th January 2018
As we read Genesis 5, we notice that it covers 1,656 years. It’s a tremendous period of time to be condensed into just one chapter. And yet, it seems that nothing happens!
There’s no great event of God’s deliverence for His people, there’s no Exodus, there’s no great word from the LORD (it seems). It’s up there with the blank pages between your Old Testament and New Testament, where for 400 years, it seemed that there was nothing going on.
It makes us wonder, ‘What is going on when nothing is going on? What’s happening when we don’t see God at work? What is really happening? What are we supposed to learn, when God doesn’t seem to be answering our prayers, when His promises appear to be going nowhere?’
- Thank God as His Purpose and Blessing for Mankind Continue (v1-2)
- Praise God’s Faithfulness as His Curse on Adam’s Sin Continues (v3-20)
- Listen as God’s Word Comes to a Wicked World (v21-27)
- Expect God’s Intervention in a Wicked World (v28-32)
- What is this list of names about?
- What is God’s image?
- What is God’s blessing?
- What did God promise?
- How are we like Adam?
- Why does worship matter?
- What is God’s curse on sin?
- What does ‘walking with God’ mean?
- Can we be good without faith?
- What did Lamech expect?
- A question I have:
- A truth to share: