Here in 1 Peter, God has been showing us that He changes all of our relationships when He makes us citizens of His worldwide, eternal kingdom (2:9-10). We’ve seen how that changes our life in society and at work. Now it’s about marriage. So, how should a Christian’s marriage be different?
We saw last time that the responsibility for good and Godly relationships belongs to both husbands and wives.
Wives need to respect and honour their husbands. They help their husbands honour God in the way the lead the family, and they help their husbands be honoured by God by helping them follow Christ.
We noticed last time that even though there were 6 verses about women, but there’s only 1 about men. But there will be more about men’s role in the home when we get to the qualifications for elders in chapter 5.
So, if you think they men get off lightly here, just wait! And the reality is that the bar is set very high for husbands (and for all men). So, what do husbands need to hear? Husband, love and honour your wife (v7).
Video Playlist (with songs)
Video (Sermon only)
*Sermons can be downloaded by clicking on the three dots at top right.
Please let us know that you’re joining us for church online today
Download the Thinking About Marriage Worksheet
Click to access thinking-about-marriage.pdf
Download the Kids’ Sheet
Click to access Kids__Talks_with_Colin_Ep4_Trust_God_Colouring_Sheet.pdf
- Paul Tripp asks What is Love?
- 10 Keys to Solving Marriage Conflict in Quarantine
- Allawah Counselling (Wangaratta)
- Good News Counselling (Shepparton)
- Gwen Lavis Counselling (Albury)
- Melbourne East Christian Counselling Centre (Donvale)
- Can Baptism and the Lord’s Supper Go Online? (and an alternative view)
- Would a live-streamed sacrament be an appropriate emergency measure? by the Faculty of the Presbyterian Theological College
- 30 Edifying Things to Watch When Stuck at Home