What is the biggest problem facing the Church?
It is unbelief? The rise of secularism and atheism? Creeping restrictions on religious freedom?
Maybe the problem is out style (of music, of presentation, of buildings)? Is it because our message is irrelevant? Or is it the issues exposed by the Royal Commission into abuse in religious institutions?
The Bible is clear: The biggest problem for the Church is hypocrisy. It is people who say they know God, but deny Him by their works (v16). So how can we face it?
- Believe the Promise: Truth Produces Godliness (v1-4)
- Acknowledge the Problem: Lies Produce Evil (v10-16)
- Implement the Solution: Place Elders in Every City (v5-9)
Sunday 10th November 2019
- The church’s biggest problem is ______________________________________ (v16)
- The only way to grow in godliness is to _____________________________ God’s word in _______________________ & obedience (v1, Mark 4:20)
- What did God promise before time began (v2)?
- If we don’t grow, we d______________ (Hebrews 2:1)
- False teaching & false _____________________ing always go together (v16).
- What are false Christians like (v12)?
- Does “appoint” mean the minister chooses the elders (v5)? Yes/No
- Blameless = _________________________________________ (v6-7)
- Elders must ______________ their wives (Ephesians 5:28) & have ________________ful children (v6)
- Maturity = managing __________________ (v7-8)
- Teach __________________ doctrine, oppose ______________________________ (v9)
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I will change: