Has your life ever been shaken up?
Have you experienced what the writer of Psalm 46 describes: the earth is removed, the mountains carried into the midst of the sea?
Has what you relied on been taken away?
When your world turns upside down, you find out what you really value. So we ask, what can I rely on? What will last?
In Hebrews 12, we are told that everything in the world is going to be shaken: every possession, every achievement, every relationship. And everything that is made will not last; everything that cannot be shaken will remain.
So, how can we live if every created thing is going to be shaken? Can we survive the shaking? And what will be left?
Hebrews 12:18-29 gives us three directions:
- Approach a Better Mountain (v18-24)
- Heed a Greater Warning (v25-27)
- Worship the Consuming God (v28-29)
That’s how we can survive when the world is shaken to bits.
Sunday 29th September 2019
- Hebrews is about what is God gave the 10 Commandments at Mount ___________ (v18, Exodus 19:1)
- How does it feel to hear God speak directly (v19)?
- I can come to God without fear if Jesus is my ______________________ (v24)
- What does a mediator do (v24)?
- Why didn’t many Israelites enter the Promised Land (3:11, 19)?
- What won’t be shaken (v28, Lk 6:46-49)?
- How can I receive God’s kingdom (v28, Mk 10:15)?
- How should we worship (v28, Jn 4:22-24)?
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: