One of the biggest challenges facing the Christian faith today is this: people misunderstand it. Sure, in some places, people haven’t heard of Jesus; that’s a big issue. But often, even where people know about Christianity, they don’t know what it really is. So people think that Christianity is a list of rules that stop people from having fun. Or it’s a bunch of myths that science has disproved.
So, when people misunderstand your faith, where do you start? That’s the issue at the heart of this passage in Acts 21-22. And they teach us three principles for when people misunderstand your faith:
- Expect to be Misunderstood (21:27-36)
- Be Prepared to Give a Defence (21:37-22:2)
- Use the Opportunity to Proclaim Jesus (22:3-22)
Sunday 15th September 2019
- Who caused the riot (21:27)?
- What did they disagree with Paul about (21:28)?
- What do people today disagree about with Christian teaching?
- Why does Paul want to speak (22:1)?
- How does Paul defend himself (22:1-18)?
- What changed Paul (22:7-8)?
- How can I be forgiven (22:16)?
- Who sent Paul to the Gentiles (22:14-15, 18, 21)?
- We can say, ‘I am one of you, but I met _______________________________’
- A question I have:
- A truth to share:
- Something to pray about:
- How I should live: